Today’s challenge focused on creating a stage for the animation! So, I began this process by finding materials for my stage construction. I ended up using two white sheets of paper (which I then decorated with natural/organic shapes using glue and chalk). The floor was created using chalk rubbings on cardboard. I will probably add a few more movable shapes and/or objects to the background which will add a little more interest and life to the stage! Here is a shot of my resulting stage:
As I worked on the backdrop for my stage, I tried to keep in mind the storyline for my animation, as well as the characters and plots that would be used in my story.
For tomorrow’s challenge, work on building the props and/or additional characters for your animation.
‘Til tomorrow…happy explorations!